Need something to do while you wait for your black duck and dumplings to boil?
Robert Gustafson suggests this cocktail.
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake briskly and strain the mixture into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a lime.
- 1 ½ ounces gin, like New Columbia Distillers’ Green Hat Gin
- 1 ounce elderflower liqueur, such as St. Germain or St. Elder
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice (or bottled)
- 3/4 ounce green chartreuse (80 proof or 110 proof, bartender’s option)
- 1 dash Angostura bitters